Qualifications for businesses before January 1, 2009:
- Must have purchased at least $450 Million in qualified investment property over a 6 year period.
- Must create at least 1,800 new jobs within a 6 year period.
- The credit can be received for up to a maximum of 3,300 jobs.
Qualifications for businesses after January 1, 2009:
- The company has to be registered and authorized to use the “E-Verify,” or any successor federal employment verification system and is engaged or carrying on any business activities within the State of Georgia.
- Retail businesses are not included as a business enterprise.
- Businesses must meet the job creation requirement or the qualified investment requirement.
- Must have purchased at least $450 Million in qualified investment property or the payroll requirement
- Must have $150 Million in total annual Georgia W-2 payroll within a 6 year period.
- The business can receive credit for up to a maximum of 4,500 jobs.