Georgia Job Tax Credits
The georgia job tax credit program
The Georgia Job Tax Credit Program is a statewide program that started in 2011 to promote a healthy economy by encouraging businesses to move or expand their companies to Georgia.
Job tax credits reward companies for hiring full-time employees. In Georgia, eligible companies for this program could generate up to $4,000 per employee per new job credits for up to five years.
Businesses can get up to $4,000 per job created
- 100% usage against Georgia income tax liability
- Unused tax credits can carry-forward for 10 years
- Excess tax credits can convert to withholding tax credits
- Bonus tax credits up to $1,250 per year for qualified businesses
- Flow-through to owners, shareholders, members, and partners